The Scarecrow Kitchen Quilt is the perfect hostess gift for Thanksgiving dinner or keep it to adorn your own kitchen. Use the towel on the back side of the quilt to lay on the counter to let your dishes air dry. Then turn the "pretty" side over to showcase your adorable scarecrow when not in use.
Look at all the adorable Scarecrow Kitchen Quilts made by the ladies at my first annual SewMichelle Retreat. They had the choice of either the kit with the brown background or the kit with the blue background. Both color schemes are too cute!! I have a limited amount of kits on hand. If you would like to purchase a kit for yourself in either color click HERE for details and availability.
The one below was made by Vanessa. So cute, huh?
Complete quilt is approximately 18” x 18”. Scarecrow embroidery design has approximately 38500 stitches with 25 total color stops of multiple hoopings using the 5” x 7” hoop. Larger hoops may be used to combine designs for fewer hoopings. A single hooping to stitch entire design requires a hoop size of 8” x 14” or larger.
The design is included in the following formats only: JEF, PES, HUS, EXP and DST.
This is NOT an in the hoop design. It does require some sewing. There is a PDF included with detailed instructions for the preparation and completion of this project.
Julie made these adorable Scarecrow Kitchen Quilts. I think she might be getting addicted to making them -- what do you think? :>)
Supplies Needed for the Scarecrow Kitchen Quilt:
- One 18 ½” x 18 ½” Cotton Background Fabric - Fabric A
- One 7” x 7” Piece Coordinating Cotton Fabric for Scarf - Fabric B
- One 7” x 7” Piece of Beige Cotton for Face - Fabric C
- One 8” x 8” Piece of Cotton Fabric for Hat - Fabric D
- One 3” x 5” Piece of Cotton Fabric for Scarf on Hat - Fabric E
- One 3” x 3” Piece of Cotton Fabric for Middle of Sunflower on Hat - Fabric F
- Two 2 ¼ x WOF Strips of Cotton Fabric for Binding
- One 18 ½” x 18 ½” Piece of Iron on Tear Away Stabilizer (Sulky Totally Stable)
- One Cotton Towel cut 19” x 19”
- Mettler Web Bond or Equivalent Basting Spray
- 5” x 7” Hoop and/or 8” x 8” or Larger Hoop
- Coordinating Embroidery Threads
- Coordinating Cotton Thread for Quilting
- Applique Scissors (optional but helpful)
- Scotch Tape
- Walking Foot (optional but helpful)
- Frixion Marker
- Normal Embroidery Notions
- Sticky Stabilizer for Four Hoopings if using 5” x 7” Hoop
To purchase this pattern, simply add it to your cart and checkout through Paypal. There will be an email to follow with download instructions. Instant gratification!